Monday, February 23, 2009

Brrrrrr

Still cold here in East Berlin, PA! I know its no surprise that its still cold in February, but my thoughts have turned to spring and I was just hoping the weather would too. Just passing along some tips to help you all survive the rest of this cold weather with me.

Just can't get warm? Try a hot stone massage at your next appointment instead of your usual massage. It just feels fabulous on those cold winter days (I already have one booked for myself next month!). Not only does it feel great, it is very therapeutic as well. The heat will help to quickly loosen up tight muscles and the stones can even been used for doing some of the most relaxing trigger point or deep tissue work.

As I'm typing I'm looking down at my chapped dry hands. Yeah, I know I do massage, my hands are in oil for hours every week! But I have to wash my hands just like everyone else (probably more than everybody else - before and after every appointment) and I don't always get around to moisturizing until its too late. So, to treat myself later I am warming up my paraffin wax and taking my hands for a warming moisturizing dip later this afternoon. If I could I'd give myself a body wrap. I've got a great seaweed gel and a European Rose Mud that are great for bring moisture back to dry winter skin. I guess I'll settle for giving myself a nice scrub and then a head to toe coat of Shea Butter!

And of course an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure so, make sure you wear gloves and try to moisturize before your hands turn to alligator skin!

No comments: